So the sisters sent word to Jesus, "Master, the one you love so very much is sick." JOHN 11:3 (Message Bible).
I this era of instant communications, we can afford to keep in touch with our loved ones almost effortlessly. We no longer need messengers but emails or better still text messages do it for us instantly, however for Mary and Martha, someone went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus, and because they went, Jesus responded. The complete miracle wouldn't unfold for several days, but the timer was set when the appeal was made. Psalm 66:16-20 says: 'Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer and did not withdraw his unfailing love from me.' Look more closely at John 11 in your own Bible. The friend who went to Jesus on behalf of Lazarus said. 'Lord, the one you love is sick.' He didn't base his appeal on the imperfect love of the one in need, but on the perfect love of the Savior. He didn't say, 'The one who loves you is sick.' No, he said, 'The one you love is sick.' That's different! The power of prayer doesn't depend on the human passion of the one who prays, but on the divine love of the One who hears. Aren't you glad for this? You might still have a lot of issues to sort out; you may not understand the mystery of prayer just as I do, but this much is crystal clear, isn't it?: God doesn't have voicemail. When you call, He's listening to people with struggles just like you and me. The words remind us of how our hearts are moved as God responds to our prayers. What moves God's heart is not our words or persuasiveness in prayer but His love for us. When you pray, open your heart to God as to a friend, He listens even to prayers as short as an SMS, for He is your lover.

Solomon M.W


"Stay committed to your decisions, but be flexible in your approach."
Tom Robbins


Lesson Learnt & Comments

Recommend

Subscribe